Executive Summary: My career engagements have offered me so many opportunities to learn and grow. I consider myself to be professionally agile and have worn many hats at any given time - from leadership to individual contributor roles, which I believe give me valuable insights and a unique perspective. As an individual contributor, I've learned how to work across the corporate enterprise matrix to achieve my goals and expand my skill set. As a leader, I've reflected on my prior roles to understand how symbiotic relationships work and conversely been able to support team members through accomplishment recognition. While the phrase "lead by example" is likely overused in the corporate vernacular, I am 100% confident that any of my team members would say it was one of my strongest attributes. I do not subscribe to or am the least bit concerned with "titles" and the inherent hierarchy in organizations. I have never used the term "works for me", I choose a collaborative approach and prefer the phrase, "We work together as a team, if you fail we fail!"
Humana Inc.; Jan 08 – Current
National Wellness Executive West Region (2 Years)
- As a part of HumanaVitality's reorganization leadership team, I was responsible for selecting and leading a group of SME's to support national sales endeavors by developing and subsequently providing wellness education training programs for HumanaVitalitiy's sales force at large.
- Successfully ensured market penetration of our new West Coast Region in the first 3 months of taking on the role by developing a pursuit strategy for a major public sector client in Southern California that resulted in a net earnings of $1.1 Million firmly rooting the company’s presence in the region.
- Effectively capitalized on using social networking & media platforms using an enterprise wide CRM System (MyEmma.com) to expand market leads and professional networks to over 5,000 in the first six months of the regions launch.
- Solely scoped, designed and launched multiple tailored wellness campaigns focused on topics such as employee engagement, employee attendance and productivity and financial wellness that have yielded new net revenue for the company in excess of $2.6M in sales since heading the region in sales.
- Partnered with various HR leadership teams of national Fortune 100 corporations including but not limited to, Toyota, Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance and The Commonwealth of Kentucky to develop tailored well-being seminars that cover overall program value on topics such as health claims cost reduction, increasing employee productivity and health risk reduction.
- Was a key strategic member of the HumanaVitality executive start up team and was responsible for managing a $5 Million Sales and Marketing budget and presenting at various conferences such as the Healthiest Employer Seminars hosted by both employer partners and HumanaVitality.
- Strategic Leader for a staff of 27 team members that included: Account Exes, Sales Execs and Engagement Specialists that carried a $10 Million annual sales quota. Responsible for professional development, mentorships, defining and refining channel enterprise growth strategies for Humana Wellness and HumanaVitality.
- Directly worked with and provided team sales management oversight and support for various national enterprise accounts for clients such as Toyota, Fifth Third Bank and Baptist Health Care.
- Successfully led the practice in achieving 197% of quota over three year period by closing $59 Million in sales of a target $30 Million three year quota which resulted in 98% client retention rate.
- Interfaced with our National Accounts team and large consulting firms on development of cost reduction strategies for client companies such as AON, Mercer and Willis-Towers Watson to name a few.
- Developed and deployed a new HumanaVitality Champ Camp in partnership with the Disney Institute that has resulted in 10 successful camps that continue to be a huge ongoing success within the organization
- Responsible for strategic account management and key relationship development for several Wisconsin and Michigan national based clients such as Wisconsin Business Healthcare Group, Chrysler and Rockwell Automation which were well over 80K sized accounts that I grew substantially during my two years in this role and increased sales.
- Managed and mentored a team of 3 Account Executives to deliver strategic direction and account management support for multiple Humana Key Account clients.
- Provided ongoing quarterly clinical and financial reviews for multiple clients that offered plan and program design suggestions that increased partnership engagement and sales.
- Was awarded the company’s Business Executive of the Year above the enterprise sales team at large in 2008 & 2009 where I grossed over $26 Million both years.
WellPoint; June 06 – Jan 08
Regional Vice President, Marketing, Product & Training (Chicago, IL)
- Manage marketing, product and training staff of 62 associates who support all non-blue Wellpoint commercial business initiatives working across multiple enterprise platforms -responsible for managing $15M annual budget
- Lead marketing efforts to launch new corporate brand focused on wellness
- Present new product enhancements to brokers and employers with broker events ranging from 40-500 attendees
- Rebuilt entire enterprise team in less than one year consolidating multiple locations to Chicago
- Developed an effective sales training program using new technology and multiple media types
- Launched innovative multi media market campaign with new brand imagery and tagline
- Implemented technology to reduce costs of many business processes saving 250K+ annually on training costs
UnitedHealthcare; Mar 03 – May 06
Vice President of CDH Account Management (Minneapolis, MN)
- Managed a strategic team that provided consultative direction to UHC Account Management with a focus on CDHP products, including but not limited to finalist presentations, product strategy development, escalated service issues and resource allocation
- Created and hosted bi-weekly national field sales and account management call focused on CDH product, product migrations and strategy
- Served as an interface between UHC Sales and clients with Exante Financial Services
- Consulted with brokers and presented at national meetings
- Supported national accounts in custom product development
- Managed enterprise team in developing UHC integrated FSA product with HRA
- Achieved 100% renewal persistency
- Awarded “Outstanding Account Manager” at UHC University out of 90 attendees
Humana Inc.; Jan 99 – Mar 03
Sr. Product Development Manager – Marketing and Product Development (Louisville, Kentucky)
- Responsible for the overall product strategy for Humana’s two largest markets: Kentucky and Ohio
- Membership in each assigned market increased over 5% year over year
- Served as a team member of the Smart Suite Development and Implementation team
- Created reporting tool for Senior Management to track migration and product trends
- Identified and developed action plan to eliminate plans with no membership on legacy platform to increase system proficiency (outcome was highlighted in annual review sent to shareholders)